Blogger Widgets

10/8/12

How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies and Gnats Naturally

get rid of fruit flies or gnats
Gross but effective fruit-fly catcher
 
Gross! So I'm trying to sell my house and the number one thing you DON'T want to see in a house you plan to buy is a swarm of fruit flies hanging out in the kitchen.  My monkeys love bananas (I can't even say it without thinking Gwen Stefani: this shit is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s).  But that means we are prime targets for these pesky little bastards.
 
Until now!  I found a solution that actually works at getting rid of them. It's cheap and easy, and it works outdoors if you have potted plants and the gnats that may sometimes swarm them too.
 
Small bowl or Ramekin
Apple Cider Vinegar
Dish Soap
A Splash of Water
 
Add vinegar and about a 1/2tsp of dish soap to your vessel.  put a splash of water in to create bubbles.
 
The little rat bellies are attracted to the vinegar and then get stuck and drown when they try to hop on the bubbles to drink up.  Change it every day or so and you will soon have a gnat-free kitchen.
 
Who Knew?
 


2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, we both posted about this. With a nasty picture. Although my method is slightly different.http://www.somethingclever2point0.com/2012/09/psa-how-to-get-rid-of-fruit-flies.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shit! You're trying to one up me with your link! It's goin down, girlie!! Oh, and by the way, you get an award!

      Delete

Tell me what's on your mind!

Share The Crazy!!!